Our soy scented candles are handpoured in small batches and the personalisation is made on order. Although every effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be different. Our wax is 100% natural soy and coconut and you could notice small blemishes on the side or surface of your candle. This is not a fault and it doesn't impact the quality of the product, it is simply the effect of natural wax being handpoured.
For the best experience with your Mya Candle simply keep this in mind:
- When you light your candle for the first time, always allow the wax to burn across the entire surface to the edges of the jar. This will help in preventing tunnelling, will enhance the fragrance and will give you an even burn.
- Remember to trim the wick at every burn to at least 5mm to prevent smoking and keep the pool clean. Be sure not to over-trim your wick as you may not be able to re-light your candle.
- We recommend to avoid burning candles for more than three hours. Once the wax has reached 1cm from the bottom stop lighting the candle.
- If your glass starts to show black marks on the rim, remember to keep the wick trimmed, wait until the candle is cooled down and remove the marks with a dump cloth.
- Remember that candle waxes and fragrances are sensitive to temperature and light, so try to store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help protecting your candle from discolouration and fading. It is not affecting the quality of your candle, it just loses the natural white colour.
- Keep the candle away from drafty and flammable surfaces. And be sure to read the safety instruction label on the bottom of your candle for additional instructions.
Mya Collection Candle Care Kit is available here.